Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the Coolenberg Day Surgery or if closed consent/admission forms can be taken to Reception at Port Macquarie Private Hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- If you have any concerns with step 1, please telephone 6584 0368 between 08.30am - 3pm or send an email to Onlinepreadmission.CBD@ramsayhealth.com.au
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medial history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and inform you of your day and time of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
Pre admission Clinic
If you are having a major surgical procedure you may be asked to attend a preadmission clinic at the hospital so the nurse specialist can speak with you about your hospital stay, your operation, previous surgical and medical history, what to bring to hospital, as well as allay any concerns you may have.
It is a very valuable service in respect to your entire stay in hospital.
Discharge planning will also be addressed at this clinic (eg who will care for you at home on discharge, who will take you home etc). You are welcome to bring a relative or friend to this clinic.
DAY OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
On the day of admission
You will receive a pre-admission phone call prior to admission. Our staff will tell you the time to arrive at our Day Surgery. Please present to reception on arrival.
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- doctor’s admission letter
- health fund number / details (if applicable)
- medicare card
- regular medications
- pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- relevant x-rays and / or test results
- for a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs (if applicable)
- night attire
- personal articles i.e. sanitary pads (if applicable)
- method for settling your account
- please do not bring valuables
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- Eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- Eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable ie. tea and toast)
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables ie. mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
Day procedure patients (additional information)
- Please shower on the day of admission before coming to the Day Procedure Unit and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives / friends regarding the time that you should be picked up